Thursday, February 28, 2013

...and Summer turns one!


I can't believe how one little girl can keep a mommy so busy :) (no time to blog:) Life sure is full having this little bundle of joy in my life! This year has just flown by.... with a jam packed social schedule of swimming twice a week, moms & babes, play dates & parties! ...already!

On the 3 Feb 2013 Summer-Grayce Bloom turned 1 and what an awesome year it has been - the happiest year of my life! To think we struggled through so many obstacles and went through very trying times to have her - and what a little gem she is. She's such a happy little girl - always smiling and ever so happy to wave and smile at everyone! Her joy is contagious and I often find my cheeks sore from all the smiling I do when I am around her - she just completes us! She loved her party very much - and played the whole 3 hours:) Her theme was 'Sofie the giraffe' after her favourite teething toy, so I thought why not do a whole Sofie party too :)





















If I look back to when she was born I thought sleep was definitely something I would NEVER do again :) well lets say a full (uninterrupted) nights sleep was a thing of the past - but what you dont realise as a new mom is that it gets easier! It really does. In the beginning you think ok 1 baby is enough - then they get older and your heart starts longing again for another.

Here are a few of her milestones.....she sat at 5 1/2 months, crawled at 9 1/2 months and is still crawling :) She stands on her own but is not interested in talking any steps....why would she when crawling gets her everywhere she wants to go and faster :) She is quite a talkative little thing....says all her basic words like dada, mamma, nanna, ta....and tries to say cold, cami, coming, purple. Her baby babble just flows and its so gorgeous to hear her little voice as she tells me stories and moans at the barking dog :) She is really into packing and unpacking boxes, bags, shoes (her love for shoes is already emanent)  - she loves art or pictures on the walls and insists on touching and feeling the textures...wonder if she will be creative like her mom:)

Highlight of the year - our trip to Dubai - In her first year of her life she has been 3 times to the UAE (first in utro:) the second time she was 3 months and now she was 11 months. She had an absolute ball and got spoilt rotten by her Nana & Papa. Having them live so far away is the hardest thing - thank goodness for Skype else we would not manage the distance! She was an absolute angel on the flight, she got alot of attention from the air hostess as they kept wanting to take photos with her :) She was so friendly to them that they couldnt help but love her! Shes a real little social bunny like her dad - loves people and adventure! The world is her oyster!




I continue to thank God for her - she is more then I could ever have asked for or imagined! He really has blessed us. We continue to seek Him as we start to plan for our next child. Children are a God-given blessing and I speak for my husband and myself when I say we are so so grateful for our little princess. Mommy & Daddy loves you soooooo much! xoxo






No comments: